Last updated: 16 Feb 2023
Welcome to Otterwp! These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of Otterwp’s website and products. By accessing this website or using our products, we assume you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, do not use this website or our products.
License and Product Usage
- All of our WordPress themes are licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. You may use our themes on as many websites as you like, as long as each website is owned by you or your client.
- You may not resell or distribute our themes or any part of them, including but not limited to the code, images, and design.
- You may customize our themes to fit your needs, but you may not remove or alter any copyright notices or other proprietary markings.
- Our themes are designed to work with the latest version of WordPress and may not be compatible with older versions or third-party plugins.
Payment and Refunds
- We use Freemius as our payment and licensing system. You may purchase our premium themes using a variety of payment methods, including credit card and PayPal.
- Refunds are available within 14 days of purchase for any reason. After the 14-day period has passed, refunds may only be available for technical issues or defects in the theme that cannot be resolved by our support team.
- We reserve the right to reject refund requests if we suspect fraud, abuse of the refund policy, or any other suspicious activity.
PAYMENTS & SUBSCRIPTIONS
Most Otterwp products are sold as automatically recurring subscriptions that renew every year on the anniversary of the purchase date unless the purchaser cancels the subscription prior to the automatic renewal date. This is applicable for all paid products, except the ones that come with a lifetime license which do not require renewals.
- If you or your client decide to cancel your subscription, you can do so at any time by contacting us. Please note that after your license expires, you will no longer receive updates or support for the product or service
- If you or your client decide to renew your subscription after it has been cancelled and your extension license has expired, you will be charged the current listed price for the extension license at the time of renewal. Please note that we cannot apply any previous pricing or discounts to your new renewal purchase
Support and Updates
- We provide support for our premium themes via email or our support forum. Our support team will make every effort to assist you with technical issues or questions about our products.
- We may release updates to our themes to fix bugs, improve performance, or add new features. These updates will be available to customers with an active license for the theme.
Support does not cover
- Custom requests for changes or help in modifying the code of our theme and plugins.
- Assistance with third-party plugins or services.
- Server-related queries should be taken up with your hosting provider.
- Help with debugging third party issues arising with the theme.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- Our products are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- In no event shall Otterwp or its employees or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use or inability to use our products or website.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
- We may revise these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. By continuing to use our products or website, you agree to be bound by the most current version of these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about these terms and conditions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.