How to Effectively Utilize the Active Product Filters WooCommerce Block
When it comes to running a successful online store, ease of navigation and searchability are paramount. Modern eCommerce websites allow users to find specific products quickly through filters, and the Active Product Filters WooCommerce block simplifies this process. In this article, we will explore the functionality of the Active Product Filters block, learn how to incorporate it into your WooCommerce setup, and provide useful tips for optimizing its usage.
1. Adding the Active Product Filters WooCommerce Block
Before we delve into the Active Product Filters block, it’s essential to understand its role in the larger context of WooCommerce filters. The Active Product Filters block does not create new filters but rather allows users to manage and monitor the filters they have already selected through other WooCommerce blocks. It acts as a control center for the filters in your online store.
To add the Active Product Filters block to your WooCommerce page or post, follow these steps:
- Open your WordPress Editor.
- Create a new block within your content.
- Search for “Active Product Filters” using the block search feature.
You’ll notice that initially, the Active Product Filters block appears with placeholder options, which will be populated with the filters you’ve chosen in other parts of your website.
2. Understanding the Active Product Filters Block
The Active Product Filters block segregates filters into different attributes, such as color, size, or any other attributes you’ve configured in your WooCommerce setup. Users can view and manage the active filters, allowing them to narrow down their product search.
Here’s a visual representation of how the Active Product Filters block looks within your editor:
Within this block, users can easily deselect specific active filters to broaden their product search. For example, if a user has selected filters for “Small” and “Blue,” they can use the Active Product Filters block to remove one or both of these attributes, thus expanding their search.
3. Configuring the Active Product Filters Block
While the Active Product Filters block doesn’t offer an extensive range of configuration options, it does provide a degree of customization for your site. Here’s how to configure this block:
- Re-Arranging Placement: In the WordPress Editor, you can easily re-arrange the placement of the Active Product Filters block.
- Transforming into a Different Element: The block also allows for a transformation into a different element type, which can be useful for the visual styling of your filters.
- Styling the Display: By clicking on the gear icon located at the top-right corner of the block, you can access the block’s styling settings. This menu provides options for customizing the display of active filters. You can choose between displaying them as a list or using “Chips,” which are visually distinct, button-like representations of filters.
- Heading Level: The styling menu also provides an option to modify the heading level for the “Active Filters” text. This feature allows for further customization in line with your site’s aesthetic.
- CSS Classes: The block settings offer the flexibility to add custom CSS classes. This feature can be particularly useful for advanced users who want to fine-tune the block’s appearance according to their specific design requirements.
4. Tips for Using the Active Product Filters Block Effectively
While the Active Product Filters block simplifies the process of managing selected filters, it’s crucial to understand that this block doesn’t allow users to add or select new filters. Instead, it serves as a tool for managing active filters.
To effectively utilize the Active Product Filters block, consider the following tips:
- Use Other WooCommerce Filter Blocks: To add new filters, such as those based on price, attributes, or stock availability, you should incorporate other WooCommerce filtering blocks like “Filter Products by Price,” “Filter Products by Attribute,” or “Filter Products by Stock.” These blocks complement the Active Product Filters block by enabling users to add, change, or select filters as needed.
- Pairing with Other Blocks: You can pair the Active Product Filters block with other WooCommerce filtering elements. For instance, you might combine the Active Product Filters block with the “Filter Products by Attribute” block to provide a user-friendly filter management system. Keep in mind that while you may see filter placeholders in the Block Editor, your visitors will only encounter the filters they have selected through other blocks.
- Placement on Your Site: From a user experience perspective, it’s advisable to position the Active Product Filters block beneath other elements on your page. This placement ensures that the block’s appearance doesn’t disrupt the layout when filters are selected.
5. FAQs About the Active Product Filters WooCommerce Block
Here are some common questions related to the Active Product Filters block:
4.1 Can I Use the Active Product Filters Block on Its Own?
The Active Product Filters block can be added to any part of your website. However, it won’t display any active filters unless users have selected filters through other WooCommerce filtering blocks like “Filter Products by Price,” “Filter Products by Attribute,” or “Filter Products by Stock.”
4.2 Why Doesn’t the Active Product Filters Block Show Up on My Site?
If your site doesn’t display the Active Product Filters block, it’s likely because there are no active filters selected. The block only appears when users have chosen at least one filter. Furthermore, if all active filters are cleared using the “Clear All” option, the block will hide itself from view.
4.3 Where Should I Place the Active Product Filters Block?
For optimal user experience, it’s best to position the Active Product Filters block on your store’s Shop page. This placement allows customers to filter products based on their preferences, manage those filters using the Active Product Filters block, and ensure a smooth shopping journey.
In conclusion, the Active Product Filters WooCommerce block enhances the functionality of your online store by providing users with an intuitive way to manage active filters. By using this block in conjunction with other WooCommerce filtering blocks, you can create a seamless and efficient shopping experience for your customers.
Remember that the Active Product Filters block serves as a control center for selected filters and should be used in tandem with other filter-creating blocks. With the right configuration and placement on your website, you can ensure that your customers enjoy a user-friendly and streamlined shopping process.